Special Services Department
Director: Karen Francis Smith Supervisor: Wendi Burton
Phone: 903.737.2031 Fax: 903.669.0159
Lamar County Shared Services Arrangement provides a full continuum of Special Education services for individuals with disabilites ages birth through twenty-two.
COVID-19 Prior Written Notice Regarding School District Closure to Prevent/Contain the spread of COVID-19.
Please click on Prior Written Notice to read.
Districts served through Lamar County SSA include: North Lamar ISD, Chisum ISD and Prairiland ISD
The following services are offered on campuses listed.
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) - Higgins Elementary
- Pre-Kindergarten - Higgins Elementary
- Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) - Higgins Elementary, Everett Elementary, Bailey Intermediate, Stone Middle, & NLHS
- Autism Unit -(Primary) Parker Elementary & (Secondary)North Lamar High School
- Behavior Adjustment Classroom (B.A.C.) - Everett Elementary & Stone Middle School
- Peer Mentoring - Bailey Intermediate, Stone Middle, & NLHS
- Resource - Higgins Elementary, Everett Elementary, Parker Elementary, Bailey Intermediate, Stone Middle & NLHS
- Inclusion - Higgins Elementary, Everett Elementary, Parker Elementary, Bailey Intermediate, Stone Middle & NLHS
- Workshop - NLHS
- Vocational Adjustment Class (VAC) - NLHS
- Eighteen Plus - NLHS
Lamar County SSA provides the following staff to serve children meeting eligibility criteria:
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired
- Orientation and Mobility Specialist
- School Phychologist
- Speech and Language Pathologists
- Certified Educational Diagnosticians
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Transition Coordinator
The children of Texas come in all sizes, shapes, colors and abilities. They do not learn the same way, but they ALL learn. Do you know of an infant, child or young adult who does not learn easily or has an impairment that might affect his/her success in life?
Public education in Texas is for every child. Don't leave any child behind. For more information call the North Lamar ISD Special Education Office at 903-737-2031.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS/HHS)
SB-139 Special Education Updates English Spanish
The Special Education Information Center (SPEDTex) provides resources and interactive features for increasing family awareness of disabilities and special education processes, with the goal of improving partnerships between schools and families.